This practical guide to Paris in 3 days it will help you to design the itineraries necessary to travel one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Although we understand that three days are still insufficient to get to know the whole city, this guide will allow you to visit the most tourist places and some of the most charming neighborhoods in Paris.
If during the first two days you have seen a large part of the monuments of the city center and have walked through the famous Montmartre district, on this third day you will visit the best viewpoint of Paris, the Orsay museum and the lively Le Marais neighborhood , Among many other things.
All the information in this Paris guide in three days It is based on our experience during trips to Paris in 12 days and Paris in 4 days.
Practical advice for Paris
- To get to the center or to the Paris hotel from the 3 airports near Paris, Beauvais, Orly or Charles de Gaulle, you have different means of transport: train, subway, bus, taxi or book this transfer directly to the hotel.
For more information you can check this post on how to go from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Paris, how to go from Beauvais Airport to Paris and how to go from Orly Airport to Paris.
- The Paris routes in 3 days They must start from the location where your hotel is located. If the downtown area is very expensive, a good option is to stay in a more remote area, but always near a subway station to be able to access tourist attractions comfortably and quickly.
These are the two hotels in which we have stayed on our trips to the city and that are more than recommended for their quality / price ratio: The Etoile Pereire and the Hotel de Nell, both with good value for money.
- Another tip to save some money is to ask at restaurants «join garafe d'eau«. With this you will have a jug of tap water on the table, which will cost you nothing. And it is that the water of Paris is very good so with this, you will save money on drinks.
- Another good opportunity to save money and time is to buy the Paris Pass for three days, with which you will skip the queues of the tourist attractions you visit in the city.
- An interesting way to know the history of the city is to book this free tour of Paris with a guide in Spanish Free! or the Paris tourist bus, which has comments recorded in Spanish.
- If you do not want to pay commissions when withdrawing money from ATMs and always have the current exchange, we recommend using the N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to get money, our two favorite cards for travel.
For more recommendations you can consult this post of tips to travel to Paris essential.
First day guide in Paris
The first day of Paris in 3 days Start at Trocadero Square first thing in the morning enjoying the best views of the Eiffel Tower. Going down the Trocadero gardens you will reach the entrance of the Eiffel Tower, one of the busiest places in the city, where if you want to avoid the queue to climb you can book your tickets in advance.
When you leave the tower you can walk along the Field of Mars and then take the road towards the Arc de Triomphe, where if you go up to its terrace, you can enjoy excellent views of Paris.
The walk through Paris continues down the great Avenue of the Champs Elysees to the Place de la Concorde, from where before reaching the end of the street you can deviate a bit to see some important buildings such as the Palace of Discovery, the Petit Palais , the Grand Palais or the beautiful Alexandre III Bridge.
Map of the third day of Paris in 3 days