This Barcelona guide in one day It will help you prepare a route through the most interesting places in Barcelona if you have little time or it is your first day in Barcelona. Take a route through the incredible modernist buildings, walk the streets and neighborhoods with more charm, stroll through the parks, see the city from its viewpoints, visit the museums or taste its rich tapas cuisine, alongside traditional Catalan cuisine, we are sure That will make you fall in love with this amazing city.
And considering that Barcelona is one of the cities that we have visited more times and we know better, we have done this Barcelona guide in one day, based on our experience in Barcelona. We start!
How to go from the airport to the center of Barcelona
The best ways to go from Barcelona airport (El Prat), located 15 kilometers, to the center of Barcelona or your hotel are:
- Airbus: From T1 buses leave with a frequency of 5 to 10 minutes, which leave you in Plaza Cataluña in just over half an hour and from T2 the frequency is 10 to 20 minutes. The price from the two terminals is less than 6 euros.
If you arrive between 1 and 6 in the morning, the only option is line N17.
Keep in mind that if you stay near Plaça Espanya, you can also take bus 46 which takes less than an hour and costs 2 euros.
- Subway: From the T1 and T2 pass the L9 Sud line, which leaves you in the University Zone in half an hour. From this station you can connect with other metro lines to reach the center or the hotel for a price of 4.5 euros.
- Train: From T2, the Rodalies train will take you to the Passeig de Gràcia stop, near Plaça Catalunya, in 25 minutes and for a price of 4 euros.
- Cab: Taxi prices depend on the situation of your hotel, which if it is close to the center, will be around 30 euros. Journey time is half an hour depending on traffic.
- Private transport: With a price similar to the taxi, it is the most comfortable option since a driver at the airport will wait for you with a sign with your name that will take you directly to the hotel. You can book it here.
Accommodation in Barcelona
Our recommended hotel for Barcelona in one day It is the Caledonian, a 3-star hotel, located very close to Plaza Cataluña and Las Ramblas. It has spacious rooms, friendly staff, 24-hour reception, a good quality breakfast and parking in the same hotel, which are other reasons to choose this accommodation.
Tips to save money in Barcelona
- Book a free tour with a local guide that will take you for about 2 hours through the most interesting sites in the city center.
- Buy the T10 multipersonal card with which you will have 10 metro or bus tickets that you can use throughout all the tourist areas of the city. This is undoubtedly one of the best tips for traveling to Barcelona.
- Save time by booking the Barcelona tourist bus, which stops at the main attractions of the city.
- Visit the Hospital de la Santa Creu and Sant Pau for free on the first Sunday of each month, the Picasso Museum on Thursday afternoons and the MNAC on Saturday afternoons, three of the best free things in Barcelona.
- Buy the Hola BCN Card! for 2, 3, 4 or 5 days, which allows you unlimited access to public transport in Barcelona. Another good card to save time and money is the Barcelona Pass.
Barcelona guide in one day
This Barcelona route in one day Start by entering the Sagrada Familia first, one of the most essential places to visit in Barcelona. This masterpiece of the brilliant modernist architect Antoni Gaudí is the most visited monument in the city. And although Gaudí did not have time to finish the temple, the works are expected to end in 2026, which with his naturist style and the techniques used, make him a unique place in the world.
Map of the route through Barcelona in one day