Day 36: Visit the ruins of Tulum, Playa Paraíso and Playa Pescadores
We arrive at the area of the archaeological site of Tulum, to the parking lot, which is 3 kilometers from the center of Tulum town when it is just over 7:30 in the morning, paying 100 pesos for being able to leave the car throughout the day, they close at 5 p.m.
Tips to visit the ruins of Tulum
- The price of the entrance to visit the ruins of Tulum is 70 pesos per person and 100 that of the parking lot, where you can leave the car until 5 in the afternoon.
Although you can park in the area of Playa Paraíso, for free, the path to the entrance of the site is practically 2 kilometers, so we advise you to pay for parking.
- The schedule of the Tulum ruins is from 8 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon, although there is a special entrance, which gives you access from 5 to 7 in the afternoon for 240 pesos.
- At the access door there is a small train service, which takes you from the entrance of the archaeological site, where you must leave the car, to the entrance where you have to pay the tickets. The price of the train is 20 pesos and they pass every few minutes, although the route is 400 meters and the truth is that it is nothing tired, quite the opposite.
- If you want to enjoy visiting the ruins of Tulum practically alone, we recommend you to be at the entrance at 8 in the morning, at which time they open.
Although you will meet people, it is not usually a lot and if you wait a few minutes, as we said we did in the archaeological site of Palenque or in the visit to the ruins of Chichen Itza in Yucatan, in the most important and visited structures, you can visit them alone .
Keep in mind that from 9-9: 30 is when organized groups usually arrive.
- At this time of the year the sunrise is at 7:30, so at 8 it is practically not yet daytime, besides it is usually quite cloudy or foggy. Even on days when the forecast is sunny. Although when you arrive you see the overcast sky, do not worry, about 8:30 in the morning, when you reach the main structures, the sky is usually clear and the sea is usually seen with the characteristic turquoise color.
- In the ruins of Tulum we could say that there are two visiting areas. We recommend you go directly to the area of the geomorphological viewpoint, where there are several viewpoints that are from where you have the typical postcard views of the Tulum ruins.
- Then you can do the other area with tranquility, because although incredible, it has no sea view.
- The visit to the Tulum ruins should not take you more than 3 hours, taking it very quietly and going through all the structures a couple of times.
- From the exit of the Tulum ruins you can go to Playa Paraíso on foot, leaving the car in the parking lot. Of course, you can not go back into the ruins, so you will have to make a detour to get to the beach, in addition to taking into account that you have to pick up the car before 5 in the afternoon, which is the time in The one they close.
- At the entrance of the archaeological site of Tulum there are shops, restaurants, cafes, including a Starbucks.
- Something to keep in mind is that if breakfast in your hotel starts late, you can come early to make the visit and then have breakfast at the hotel.
- In case you want to know more about the ruins of Tulum, or want to visit from Riviera Maya or Cancun, we recommend the following excursions:
Visit Tulum from Riviera Maya
Excursion to Tulum and Coba in two days
Offer: Tulum + Xplor in two days from Riviera Maya
Excursion to Tulum and Xel-Há
Excursion to Tulum and Secret River
Visit Tulum from Cancun
Offer: Chichen Itza + Tulum in two days
Excursion to Tulum and Secret River
Offer: Tulum + Xplor in two days