This Marrakech guide in 2 days It is prepared and designed to explore the most essential places of a city totally different from European cities, on a weekend.
To fully enjoy this magical city we recommend you to go prepared, since you will need the five senses to appreciate the smells of species such as cinnamon and saffron, its delicious cuisine, the calls to prayers of the mosques, the subtle decoration in palaces and medersas wood or the soft touch of silk and Pashmina scarves.
Although we could say that any time is good to visit Marrakech in two days, if you want to avoid the heat and the high tourist season, the best time would be in spring or autumn.
Based on the days we spent in the city during our trip to Marrakech and Essaouira in 5 days we have designed this guide to get to know the best of Marrakech in two days. We start!
Where to sleep in Marrakech
In Marrakech it is best to forget about sleeping in hotels and try the experience of staying in a riad, old Arab palaces with an inner courtyard and usually with a fountain located in the center, which are the best place to live the Marrakech in 2 dayss.
We stayed at Riad Assalam, located just 10 minutes from Jamaa el Fna Square, which serves a rich and delicious Arabic breakfast, which you can enjoy on its magnificent terrace overlooking the Medina.
Transfer from Marrakech airport to downtown
Menara Airport, which is only 6 kilometers from Marrakech, has several options to get to the center.
- Cab: Upon leaving the airport, several taxi drivers will offer you the transfer service to your hotel. It is best to look for official taxis and set a price before, which should not exceed 10 euros to the city center.
- Private transport: If you take this service you will avoid haggling, scams and misunderstandings with taxi drivers. A driver will wait for you inside the airport with a sign with your name and will take you directly to your city hotel. You can book it here.
- Bus: Alsa bus 19 makes the transfer from the airport to the center of Marrakech in 20 minutes, stopping at Jamaa el Fna square. The total price of the trip is about 3 euros.
If you want more information about the transfer you can check this post on how to go from the Marrakech airport to the center.
Practical advice for Marrakech
- If you want to have a first contact with the city and know its great history, you can book this Free tour of Marrakech Free! With guide in Spanish.
- To change money, we recommend paying by card and taking out ATMs in the city, always checking in advance the commission that your bank will apply. We use the N26 card with which we have the change of the day and do not pay commissions.
- For a trip to Marrakech on a weekend it is preferable to have good travel insurance. We always travel insured with Mondo, with whom you will carry insurance adapted to the needs of the trip.
- If you want to have internet in Morocco, in addition to being able to buy a SIM card at the airport, you can buy a Holafly SIM card being in Spain, with which you will have internet from the moment you land, saving you all the time of the negotiations and making the whole process to have internet in Morocco much more comfortable, fast and easy.
In this case, with the Holafly SIM you will have several Gb to surf the Internet (depending on the option you choose), they will send it to you for free at home, you will keep your WhatsApp number and you will have assistance service in Spanish. You can buy your Holafly prepaid SIM card here with a 5% discount for being our reader
More information on the Holafly post, the best prepaid SIM card for travel.
If you want more recommendations you can consult this post about tips for traveling to Marrakech essential.
First day of Marrakech on a weekend
The Marrakech route in 2 days It starts early in the morning at the Bab Agnaou Gate, the most beautiful gate in the city, which crosses the great wall that surrounds the Medina.
A few meters from this door are the Saadis Tombs, which highlights the impressive mausoleum of the Hall of the Twelve Columns, which we recommend not to miss.
After the visit to the tombs you can approach the beautiful place des Ferblantiers, a perfect stop to take a break and enjoy one of the most charming corners of the city.
From here, the route continues to the Bahia Palace, located among the best places to visit in Marrakech, which has in its gardens and in the harem, its most interesting places.
It is advisable to know the history of several places in the city such as this palace have the help of a guide in Spanish. A good option is to book this free tour of Marrakech Free! or a private tour in which you choose the itinerary, both with a guide in Spanish.
Map of the route through Marrakech in 2 days