It is not exactly easy to make a list of places to eat in London, since this is an incredibly rich city gastronomically speaking and there are thousands of options to choose from.
Despite that and knowing that many travelers appreciate this type of recommendations, especially those that are located near the places to visit in London, we wanted to get wet and make this list of Recommended restaurants in London.
So after several trips to the city, the last of a one-month stay in Notting Hill during which we wrote the travel guide to London, we leave you what are for us, the best places to eat in London. We start!
Basic tips for dining in restaurants in London
It is important to be aware that eating in is not the same restaurant in London than do it in any other European city or in the world. Although in many aspects it might seem that it is the same, there are certain nuances or details, which it is convenient to know in order to fully enjoy any of the recommended restaurants to eat in London.
- The first thing to keep in mind is that there are endless options to choose from. In addition to following this guide as an example, we recommend using an application such as TripAdvisor or any other, in which you can see in detail the recommendations of the area in which you are.
- Although there is a widespread idea that eating in London is very expensive, it is important to know that many restaurants serve a daily menu, many of them even on Sunday, which usually has a price of between 12 to 15 pounds and includes two or three dishes.
- These menus are sometimes advertised at the door, however, once you enter the restaurant, they directly give you the menu, but they do not offer you the menu. Ask for it as it is very common.
- In the London restaurants, the tip is not mandatory. If you liked the service, you can leave 5-10% of the total bill, but it is not mandatory.
- Continuing with the theme of tips in London, it is equally important that you look at the ticket, since there are some restaurants, especially the most tourist, they already include a service fee, which can range between 10 and 15%. If you see that this is the case, at no time do you need to leave more since the service and the tip are included.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is that in London you can drink tap water so something very common is to order directly in restaurants «Tap water».
If you do they will serve you a jug with tap water and you will save between 4 and 5 pounds that usually costs a bottle.
- Regarding the reservations of restaurants to eat in London, although it is not essential, it is recommended, especially if you want to go to one in particular and this is small as well as highly recommended.
Recommended restaurants where to eat in London
The Honest Burger is without a doubt the best london burger restaurant. With dozens of stores throughout the city, this chain has normally small stores, where they serve a variety of really delicious hamburgers.
We have tried several, being the classic Honest and the vegetarian Plant the ones we liked the most in addition to the homemade potatoes they serve, which are really delicious.
The average price for two people, with two hamburgers with potatoes and soft drinks, is about 35 pounds.
If we do not indicate otherwise, in all London restaurants that we mentioned, you can pay by credit card.
London restaurants map
We leave you the location of all the restaurants and cafes that we recommend where to eat in London, so that it is much easier to locate them on your routes.